Monday, November 7, 2016

Austin should extend the pubic transit system
According to "Why exactly does Austin's traffic suck so much?". Austin has one of the worst traffics in Texas. In 2012, INRIX ranked Austin as the fourth worst congested city in the US, while costing the state over $201 million a year. In the last few years Austin has became one of the most populated cities with a horrible traffic mostly due to the fact that there is not enough public transformation options available. As a college student when I began going to college I started to use buses and metros but it was really hard for me to get to even a bus station from my home, I had to walk at least for 20 minutes to get to the nearest bus station every time I wanted to go to college. After a semester I found out there is a metro system in Austin! but unfortunately the last stop was in downtown area and I used to live way south. After a while of me trying to be a nature lover and help the traffic slow down I saw I cant do it anymore. It started to get cold and raining, cars would carelessly go to a pile of water near the bus station and the next thing you knew you were covered in dirt and cold water. So I was forced to get a car. If Austin had a better public transportation with a better access to different areas of the city I know a lot of people that would get rid of their vehicles and it would have helped a lot to reduce the traffic, accident rates, save a lot of money for state, and also a cleaner air to breathe. 

No comments: